[SciPy-dev] Python 2.0 support

eric eric at scipy.org
Sat Feb 23 13:42:27 EST 2002

Hey Pearu,

We started SciPy development with the idea that it would support Python 2.1
forward.  If someone really needs 2.0 support, then we could look at accepting
the patches.  However, there are so many other things to work on that I don't
see it as a priority.  With a project that is so young, it seems like "planning
the future" is a better use of time.

Most of the things on your list are small, but taken together, they'ed be pain
to drag along.  Also (5) *is* a major feature that I'm not sure I'm willing to
do without while developing SciPy functions.

I'm interested in other peoples opinions.

eric