[SciPy-dev] scipy testing results

Fernando Pérez fperez at pizero.colorado.edu
Tue Feb 19 15:42:43 EST 2002

Ok. I did a clean 'setup/build/install' on my system from cvs (just
updated). After the shared lib issues we just covered, the process now works.

I installed scipy system-wide, to test it as a 'normal user'. The very first
global import fails, so I can't really run the tests:

In [1]: import scipy
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/linalg/flapack.so: undefined
symbol: slaswp_
Warning: FFT package not found. Some names will not be available
ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call last)

[snipped traceback]

/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/scipy/basic1a.py
    8 from scipy import diag
    9 from scipy import special
   10 from scipy.linalg import eig
      global scipy = undefined, global linalg = undefined, eig = undefined
   11
   12 from scipy import r1array,hstack

ImportError: cannot import name eig

I don't know if the two top warnings matter or not, but the  one about FFT is
strange, since I *do* have the FFT package:

In [2]: import FFT

In [3]: FFT?
Type:           module
Base Class:     <type 'module'>
String Form:    <module 'FFT' from
'/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/FFT/__init__.pyc'>
Namespace:      Interactive
File:           /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/FFT/__init__.py

So, my questions are:

1- are the two top warnings important?
2- why the eig. failure? I checked linalg and eig is indeed in there.

I'm all ears...

f.