[SciPy-dev] Stupid question.

eric eric at scipy.org
Tue Feb 19 14:05:25 EST 2002

> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Pearu Peterson wrote:
>

> > See fftw libraries section in
> >
> > http://www.scipy.org/site_content/tutorials/build_instructions
> >

> Already done that. I'm using exactly the rpms from that very link.
>
> Should I build them from scratch? I don't see why that should make any
> difference.

More than that, it was working before right?  From the command line link
statement you sent, it looks like it *should* link.  If you type it at the
command line does it work?  Maybe add -L/usr/local/lib and see if that helps?

The test checkin last night shouldn't have affected this.  I did make some other
changes to build_ext.py because scipy_distutils wasn't picking up 'g2c' etc.
when linking in Fortran libraries.  Perhaps this did something bad on Linux, but
I wouldn't think so.

Here is the change I made:

            if linker_so is not None:

                if linker_so is not save_linker_so:
                    print 'replacing linker_so %s with %s'
%(save_linker_so,linker_so)
                    self.compiler.linker_so = linker_so
                    l = build_flib.get_fcompiler_library_names()
                    #l = self.compiler.libraries + l
                    self.compiler.libraries = l
                    l = build_flib.get_fcompiler_library_dirs()
                    #l = self.compiler.library_dirs + l
                    self.compiler.library_dirs = l

            # I added this else statment and its contents
            else:
                libs = build_flib.get_fcompiler_library_names()
                for lib in libs:
                    if lib not in self.compiler.libraries:
                        self.compiler.libraries.append(lib)
                #self.compiler.libraries = self.compiler.libraries + l
                lib_dirs = build_flib.get_fcompiler_library_dirs()
                for lib_dir in lib_dirs:
                    if lib_dir not in self.compiler.library_dirs:
                        self.compiler.libraries.append(lib_dir)
                #self.compiler.library_dirs = self.compiler.library_dirs + l

eric