[SciPy-dev] Long running find in setup_xplt.py

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Sun Feb 17 14:41:27 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> Each time I run setup.py inside scipy, setup_xplt.py runs a find
> command in /usr which in my case has about 3-4 Gigs of stuff.  My disk
> churns for quite a long while when the command runs and its pretty
> irritating when I update my scipy install.

Yes, I noticed that too. Good that you spot the place, I didn't have any
idea where to look for this.

I think there must be a better way to check if X is installed. In fact,
can you imagine a Unix machine that has no X installed and someone wants
to run scipy there. It is difficult to me (but not impossible though).
Any ideas how configure tools check for X?

So, I would propose that xplt configuration will return None only if
os.name=='nt'. What do you think?

Pearu