[SciPy-dev] side effects of changes to fortran_libraries?

eric eric at scipy.org
Sun Feb 17 01:36:46 EST 2002

Hey Pearu,

I just did an update and rebuild and ran into a few issues with the Fortran
stuff.  Now that scipy_distutils requires explicit linking (which is a good
thing), we don't get the libraries from the Fortran compiler added to the list
of libraries needed for linking.  I had to add 'g2c' to the extension in special
to get it to compile (and there are probably others like this).

    ext = Extension(parent_package+'special.cephes',sources,
                    libraries = ['amos','toms','mach','g2c']

This is bad because it is compiler specific.  So, I guess the question is,
should we add a 'fortran_libraries' to the extension so that distutils knows to
ask the fortran compiler class what libraries are needed for linking.

Any better ideas?

eric

--
Eric Jones <eric at enthought.com>