[SciPy-dev] Problem with flapack

eric eric at scipy.org
Thu Feb 14 14:33:31 EST 2002

Oops.  The last message was somehow sent before it was ready to go...

> > Sorry guys for being such a troublemaker.

 No need to apologize.  This is *exactly* what SciPy needs to shake out all the
issues.

> > After tweaking a couple of linker
> > command lines I've been able to build scipy. Now I'm facing the following
> > problem:

> > array_from_pyobj:intent(inout) array must be contiguous and with a proper
> > type and size.
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> >   File "C:\USR\PYTHON21\scipy\basic1a.py", line 48, in roots
> >     root[:N-1] = eig(A)[0]
> >   File "C:\USR\PYTHON21\scipy\linalg\linear_algebra.py", line 439, in eig
> >     results = ev(a, jobvl='N', jobvr=vchar, lwork=-1)  # query
> > flapack.error: failed in converting 1st argument `a' of flapack.zgeev to
> > C/Fortran array
> > >>>

> > Is this something you have seen before? What am I doing wrong?

It might be that you are passing in a list (although that *should* be a valid
thing to do).
Does it work if you try:
    >>> from scipy import *
    >>> from scipy import signal as s