[SciPy-dev] preparing for release 0.2!

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Mon Apr 1 16:30:56 EST 2002

At some point, Pearu Peterson <pearu at cens.ioc.ee> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, eric wrote:
>
>> this is the case, I'd like to shoot for a 0.2 release candidate by Friday, April
>> 5th.  Here's a partial list of the things I know of before release:
>>
>>     1.    Re-factor scipy_lite module (pending discussion).
>>     2.    Fix floating point NaN issues on multiple platforms (cephes module).
>>     3.    Have several stats people review the stats module
>>     4.    Add lu_factor and lu_solve (qr_factor and qr_solve, etc?) pairs to
>> linalg.
>>     5.    Clean up weave documentation to match current implementation.
>>     6.    Update install instructions.
>>     7.    Test on multiple platforms.
>
>       8. Apply system_info.py changes from David M. Cooke that fixes
>          SciPy build for Debian Sid and implements site.cfg hooks.

I've updated it to add more hooks. This should appease the user who
has his atlas libraries compiled into 'blas' and 'lapack'. Now the
names of the libraries are configurable, and there's some
documentation at the top.

[How would you prefer to get changes in the future? Is it all right to
post the source, or should I put them up on a website? I'd normally send a CVS
diff, but they're about as big as the diff :-)]