[SciPy-dev] State of stats modules?

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon Nov 5 11:51:42 EST 2001

>>>>> "e" == eric  <eric at scipy.org> writes:

    e> The stats module deserves some attention, but isn't receiving
    e> any right now.  Any takers?

An alternative which I've been trying to find time for is to use the
RSPython module (http://www.omegahat.org/) for embedding R
(http://www.r-project.org/) within Python.  It needs some work on the
object translation, but other than that, would be yet another way to
do (an extremely wide range of)  statistical analyses in SciPy.

I'm first looking at this for Zope, in the context of report
generation and "literate analysis" (a statistics-based take-off of
literate programming), but SciPy would be a definitely interesting
target, as well...

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini at u.washington.edu
FHCRC/SCHARP/HIV Vaccine Trials Net	rossini at scharp.org
-------------- http://software.biostat.washington.edu/ --------------
FHCRC: M-W: 206-667-7025 (fax=4812)|Voicemail is pretty sketchy/use Email
UW:   T-Th: 206-543-1044 (fax=3286)|Change last 4 digits of phone to FAX
Rosen: (Mullins' Lab) Fridays, and I'm unreachable except by email.