[SciPy-dev] Spline module

eric jones eric at scipy.org
Thu Aug 2 22:36:09 EDT 2001

I'm no splines expert, but I'd hope there was a way to factor out the
splines
code so that we only have one set of spline code to maintain.  The smaller
SciPy's code base the better.

If different disciplines use splines in different ways, then they can put a
different interface over the top of the splines module.  If the disciplines
use
splines in ways that requires different underlying code, or if different
implementations of splines are faster/better for different problem sets,
then
multiple libraries *might* be a good idea. It have to be a lot faster (2x)
or a
lot better to make the larger code base worth while though.

eric