[scikit-learn] is Sci_kiet-Learn the right choice for my project

Mike Oliver mo at globalsaassol.com
Sun Oct 9 18:43:24 EDT 2022

Bill,

Granted, you are correct the examples I gave are simple enough for a set of rules to process.  The problem as I see it is that with the plethora of potential relationships, the rules may not be adequate.  Inconsistent data is not transactional for example I can store data on a pair of objects and they pass all the rules.  Then later another relationship is stored, and that passes all the rules…yet just because A is consistent with B and B is consistent with C does NOT mean A is consistent with C.  Anomaly detection can be simple or it can be complex.  But if 10,000 relationships have been stored and one changes I want an algorithm to emerge that we can see and turn into an action to fix it.

We are also hoping that things may emerge that we did not anticipate.  That may require deep learning sub-symbolic neural networks, but that is yet to be determined.

And yes, with literally thousands of records flowing through the system, the delay in processing each record against every other record in a read before write model is not going to perform well.  If we can use machine learning we can take that evaluation and even corrections out of that processing flow.

Thanks,

If scikit-learn is not a good fit for my goals, let me know.  If you know a better fit, please let me know as well.

Mike