[scikit-learn] Query regarding svm function

vaibhavi patel vkpatel93 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 01:36:04 EST 2022

Dear developers,

This is vaibhavi pursuing my Ph.D. in data science, writing this mail with
one question how does the library function of SVC calculate the intercept_
value of the hyperplane?
As I am exploring the SVC function with kernel linear.  I am getting the
same coef_ as your library function giving. But when I am
calculating intercept, it is different.

I am modifying the SVM function to incorporate the data imbalance in the
dataset as a part of my Ph.D. work.

Kindly help me in this regard. This will give me another direction.

Waiting for your response.

--

Regards,
Vaibhavi Patel