[scikit-learn] PEP 688: Making the buffer protocol accessible in Python

Adrin adrin.jalali at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:59:42 EDT 2022

Hi there,

Forwarding from numpy mailing list for visibility. This is related to the
work we're doing on supporting Array API (ref:
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/pull/22554).

If we go down the path of having different execution paths based on the
input data type, knowing if the given type implements the buffer protocol
might be relevant.

Cheers,
Adrin