[scikit-learn] Finding the PC that captures a specific variable

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 04:13:15 EST 2021

Hi
I have a question about PCA and that is, how we can determine, a
variable, X,  is better captured by which factor (principal
component)? For example, maybe one variable has low weight in the
first PC but has a higher weight in the fifth PC.

When I use the PCA from Scikit, I have to manually work with the PCs,
therefore, I may miss the point that although a variable is weak in
PC1-PC2 plot, it may be strong in PC4-PC5 plot.

Any comment on that?

Regards,
Mahmood