[scikit-learn] implementing regularized random forest

Mick Men oshimikam at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:38:01 EST 2020

 Hello,

I am trying to implement my own regularized random forest (RRF) which grows
trees in series and selects new features only if they are better than the
features used in previous splits.

This is for a research project and I will need to ship the code with the
publication. So far I have a working proof of concept where I modified the
scikit-learn forest, tree, and splitter modules. But this mean that I need
to ship my fork version of scikit-learn.

Ideally, I am looking for a way to build my own RRF that uses scikit-learn
API instead of modifying it.
Is it possible?

Thanks.

Mickael