[scikit-learn] Analysis of sklearn and other python libraries on github by MS team

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Fri Mar 27 18:20:17 EDT 2020

Thanks for the link Andy. This is indeed very interesting!

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 06:10:28PM +0100, Roman Yurchak wrote:
> > Regarding learners, Top-5 in both GH17 and GH19 are LogisticRegression,
> > MultinomialNB, SVC, LinearRegression, and RandomForestClassifier (in this
> > order).

> Maybe LinearRegression docstring should more strongly suggest to use Ridge
> with small regularization in practice.

Yes! I actually wonder if we should not remove LinearRegression. It's a
bit frightening me that so many people use it. The only time that I've
seen it used in a scientific people, it was a mistake and it shouldn't
have been used.

I seldom advocate for deprecating :).