[scikit-learn] Difference in normalization between Lasso and LogisticRegression + L1

Michael Eickenberg michael.eickenberg at gmail.com
Wed May 29 13:42:04 EDT 2019

Hi Jesse,

I think there was an effort to compare normalization methods on the data
attachment term between Lasso and Ridge regression back in 2012/13, but
this might have not been finished or extended to Logistic Regression.

If it is not documented well, it could definitely benefit from a
documentation update.

As for changing it to a more consistent state, that would require adding a
keyword argument pertaining to this functionality and, after discussion,
possibly changing the default value after some deprecation cycles (though
this seems like a dangerous one to change at all imho).

Michael