[scikit-learn] Monthly meetings between core developers

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 18:12:51 EDT 2019

On 7/17/19 2:17 PM, Guillaume Lemaître wrote:
> I am +1. This is a great initiative.
>
> IMO, we could make it really regular (i.e., a specific week-day of a
> specific week in a month), with a rolling time (for the time-zone issue).
> In this matter, we could maybe clear more in advance our agenda
> instead of trying to find a date which accommodates everyone.

I agree, we could do something like the last Monday every month and
alternate between two (or three) different time zones.
We have CET (UTC+1), EST (UTC-5), CT (UTC+08), AEDT (USC+11) so that
seems super easy, right?
(TIL CST can stand for "Central"/US, China, and Cuba! not confusing at all)

I agree that we should be as inclusive as possible, but I also don't
want to create the expectation that some people (not thinking of any
Australian in particular)
who already sacrifice a lot of their free time have to invest even more
time to keep up with the rest.

I think the idea of posting write-ups will help being more inclusive in
that regard.