[scikit-learn] how to preprocess in the cross_validate

Oliver Rausch oliverrausch99 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 05:00:05 EDT 2019

Hi Rujing,
You can integrate the preprocessing into the estimator by placing an
estimator at the end of the pipeline.

For example:
make_pipeline(StandardScaler(), SVC())

This pipeline has a Support vector classifier at the end. Calling a
function of the pipeline, for example fit(X, y), will first apply the
StandardScaler to X, and then use the preprocessed X to fit the SVC.

When you use such an estimator in the cross_validate function, the result
is that the preprocessing will be applied during cross validation, like you
wanted.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Oliver

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 03:04 charujing123 <charujing123 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hi Oliver,
> Thanks for your kind reply. I read the manual, however, i did not find any
> options in the function of cross_validate to control the fit
> transformation. The fit_transform could be used to preprocessing in the
> pipeline, however, how to integrate this into the function of
> sklearn.model_selection.cross_validate?
> Thanks.
> Rujing
>
> 2019-07-09
> *抄送:*
>
> Hi Rujing,
> The Pipeline [0] from sklearn may be of interest to you.
>
> Best regards,
> Oliver
>> [0] https://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/compose.html
>
> On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 08:50 charujing123 <charujing123 at 163.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> It's easy to preprocess when i used part of data to train and test.
>> However, how to preprocess within the function of
>> sklearn.model_selection.cross_validate?
>> Thanks.
>> Rujing
>>
>> 2019-07-07