[scikit-learn] [Question & Help]The criterion of data size for choosing a right algorithm.

skim22 skim22 at memphis.edu
Thu Feb 14 11:30:47 EST 2019

Dear Sir or Madam,

Good morning, My name is Steven Kim from Memphis, and I am a graduate student at the University of Memphis. Recently, I found the page of choosing the right estimator on the official website (https://scikit-learn.org/stable/tutorial/machine_learning_map/index.html).
It was greatly helpful to distinguish what algorithms I should use.
But, I would like to know something in detail on the page.
My question is that there are several criteria of sample size such as ">50" and "100k>" before the decision. Could you let me know that the grounds( ex) academic papers ) for the sample sizes? It would be helpful to understand them more deeply.

Regards,
Steven Kim