[scikit-learn] Scikit-learn porting strategy

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:40:03 EST 2019

There's some stuff already:
https://github.com/SciRuby/

And in terms of strategy:
No, you can go estimator by estimator and at some point implement
cross-validation and grid-search and pipelines and metrics pretty
independently.

It looks like daru is written in ruby which I expect to be too slow.
nmatrix is written in C++, so I guess you'd have to write many of the
algorithms in C++.

At that point it might be easier to wrap an existing C++ library like
mlpack or shogun.