[scikit-learn] Optimization algorithms in scikit-learn

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:44:31 EDT 2018

Hi Touqir.
We don't usually implement general purpose optimizers in
scikit-learn, in particular because usually different optimizers
apply to different kinds of problems.
For linear models we have SAG and SAGA, for neural nets we have adam.
I don't think the authors claim to be faster than SAG, so I'm not sure
what the
motivation would be for using their method.

Best,
Andy