[scikit-learn] sklearn.model_selection.GridSearchCV - unable to use n_jobs>1 on MacOS Sierra python 2.7

Sumeet Sandhu sumeet.k.sandhu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 14:35:06 EST 2018

Hi,

I was able to run this with n_jobs=-1, and the activity monitor does show
all 8 CPUs engaged, but the jobs start to die out one by one. I tried with
n_jobs=2, same story.
The only option that works is n_jobs=1.
I played around with 'pre_dispatch' a bit - unclear what that does.

GRID = GridSearchCV(LogisticRegression(), param_grid, scoring=None,
fit_params=None, n_jobs=1, iid=True, refit=True, cv=10, verbose=0,
error_score=0, return_train_score=False)
GRID.fit(trainDocumentV,trainLabelV)

How can I sustain at least 3-4 parallel jobs?

thanks,
Sumeet