[scikit-learn] GSoC 2017 Proposal: Improve online learning for linear models

Yizheng Zhao yizhengz at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 30 08:24:45 EDT 2017

Hi developers,

It is excited that I have opportunity work with you!

I am Yizheng Zhao, a graduate student at Carnegie Mellon University majoring in Software Engineering and I’ve got my Bachelor’s degree in Math in 2016 at Jilin University.

I love python and machine learning and that why I wanna make my own contribution to community.

I have 2 years experience developing with python and I am quite familiar with scikit-learn
as a user.

In college, I learned several machine learning algorithms and their mathematical derivation. I believe I can do better than others with my strong Math background and coding skills.

Here is my proposal.
https://github.com/YizhengZHAO/scikit-learn/wiki/GSoC-2017-:-Improve-online-learning-for-linear-models <https://github.com/YizhengZHAO/scikit-learn/wiki/GSoC-2017-:-Improve-online-learning-for-linear-models>

BTW, could you please give me more explanation about “A tool to set the learning rate on a few epochs”?
I am happy to get suggestions from the community.

Sincerely,
Yizheng