[scikit-learn] Malformed input for SVC(kernel='precomputed').predict()

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:03:16 EDT 2017

Hi Sam.

Can you say which test fails exactly and where (i.e. give traceback)?
The estimator checks are currently quite strict with respect to raising
helpful error messages.
That doesn't mean your estimator is broken (necessarily).
With a precomputed gram matrix, I expect the shape of X in predict to be
(n_samples_test, n_samples_train), right?
Does you estimator have a _pairwise attribute? (It should to work with
cross-validation, I'm not sure if it's
used in the estimator checks right now, but it should).

Your feedback will help making check_estimator be more robust. I don't
think it's tested with anything that requires
"precomputed" kernels.

Thanks

Andy