[scikit-learn] Random forest prediction probability value is limited to a single decimal point

Suranga Kasthurirathne surangakas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:54:07 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm using scikit-learn to build a number of random forrest models using the
default number of trees.

However, when I print out the prediction probability (
http://scikit-learn.org/stable/modules/generated/sklearn.ensemble.RandomForestClassifier.html#sklearn.ensemble.RandomForestClassifier.predict_proba)
for each outcome, its presented to me as a single decimal point (0.1, 0.2,
0.5 etc.). Only perhaps 5% of the data has more than a single decimal point.

Is this normal behavior? is there some way I can increase the number of
decimal points in the prediction probability outcomes? why arent I seeing
more probabilities such as 0.231, 0.55551, 0.462156 etc.?

--
Thanks and best Regards,
Suranga