[scikit-learn] Question about Python's L2-Regularized Logistic Regression

Michael Eickenberg michael.eickenberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 18:21:46 EDT 2016

That should totally depend on your dataset. Maybe it is an "easy" dataset
and not much regularization is needed.

Maybe use PCA(n_components=2) or an LDA transform to take a look at your
data in 2D. Maybe they are easily linearly separable?

Sklearn does not do any feature selection if you don't ask it to.

What C-values are you using? Try an np.logspace but go much farther out
both sides than you think reasonable. Then plot AUC as a function of that
to get a global idea of what is going on.

hth,
Michael