[scikit-learn] Fwd: ValueError

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:07:56 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Sebastian Raschka
<mail at sebastianraschka.com> wrote:
> Sorry,
>
> $ python -c 'import numpy; print(scipy.__version__)’
>
> was a type, it should be
>
> $ python -c 'import scipy; print(scipy.__version__)’
>
> However, I’d recommend looking at the Issue 6706 as Nelson Liu suggested for further debugging (https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/issues/6706)!
>
> Like Maniteja suggested, it is likely due to “a mismatch between numpy installed and the one scikit-learn is compiled with"

I think you're using system Python on the Mac.   I'd really strongly
recommend against that, because system Python has its own numpy and
scipy, that aren't in the usual places, and this leads to great
confusion when you try and upgrade numpy / scipy / matplotilb.  I
recommend homebrew Python or Python.org Python instead:

https://github.com/MacPython/wiki/wiki/Which-Python

Cheers,

Matthew