[scikit-learn] Three new scikit-learn-contrib projects

Andreas Mueller t3kcit at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:01:24 EDT 2016

On 07/20/2016 01:31 PM, Guillaume Lemaître wrote:
> Hi Gael,
>
> I was wondering if you could elaborate on the problem of
> hyper-parameter tuning and why the imbalanced-learn would not benefit
> from it.
> Since that we used the identical pipeline of scikit-learn and add the
> part to handle the sampler, I would have think that we could use it.
>
> However this is true that I did not play to much with this part of the
> API, so I should probably missed something.

The assumption is that hyper-parameter tuning uses Pipelines, I think.
You want to select all steps in your processing, which is rarely just a
single model.

However, Pipeline can currently not change the number of samples (see
the enhancement proposal Gael linked to).
So you can not use your methods in the standard scikit-learn pipeline.

Best,
Andy