[scikit-learn] Fwd: Scikit-learn MLPRegressor Help

Andy t3kcit at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 15:41:45 EST 2016

On 12/03/2016 03:10 PM, Alekh Karkada Ashok wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I chose MLP because they were images and I have heard MLPs perform better.
Better than a convolutional neural net? Whoever told you that was wrong.
I usually don't make absolute statements like this, but this is
something that is pretty certain.

> Where do you want to me to open the issue? GitHub? I don't think the
> error is only in documentation. Because when Y is [2030400,1] there is
> no MemoryError (treated as 2030400 samples with a single feature) and
> when I try to fit [1,2030400] it throws MemoryError. If the case was
> memory, both should have thrown the error right?
MLPClassifier actually supports multi-label classification (which is not
documented correctly and I made an issue here:
https://github.com/scikit-learn/scikit-learn/issues/7972)
MLPClassifier does not support multi-output (multi-class multi-output),
which is probably what you want.