[scikit-image] Linking to stackoverflow

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 21 14:18:14 EDT 2018

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 11:23:33 +1000, Juan Nunez-Iglesias wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2018, at 11:05 AM, Mark Harfouche wrote:
> > Maybe we should link on the README file
> >
> > [Search previous questions]
> > (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/scikit-image)> [Ask a question]
> > (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/ask?tags=scikit-image)>
> > As a non-programmer, an "Issue" is a generic problem I need help with.
> This is a great idea, and also for the website front page.

+1 on both!

> Note that I am not as dogmatic as Stéfan about where people ask
> questions. =P (As long as it is a public forum and not my personal email
> address. ;)

My main motivation is that answers should be discoverable, so that we
don't have to answer the same thing twice.  I guess StackOverflow is the
first place people look for help, unless they think it's a bug in which
case they go to GitHub?

The mailing list is great—I'm a fan of threaded discussion; but even
when I know exactly what I'm looking for, I often can't locate messages
in the NumPy or scikit-image archives on python.org :/

> I'll subscribe to the SO tag.

There goes my S/O reputation :P

Best regards,
Stéfan