[scikit-image] Fwd: Extract a particular area in document

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Fri May 26 02:50:22 EDT 2017

Hi Fabio!

Ach, you just gave me flashbacks to the time someone broke my car window when I was holidaying in Lido di Ostia. =P Cool work though! =)

What do you mean by "using a homography" to detect the Si/No boxes? Could you provide maybe a sample image and working code? It's hard to tell what is going wrong without that context. I understand that there's privacy concerns but maybe you could fill in a blank form as test data? (Or your code to try to find the two si/no boxes that are not masked in the image below.)

One thing I'll say though is that neural networks require lots and lots of ground truth data to train effectively, and is probably overkill for what you want to do. In your case, you can probably align the car images very accurately, and detecting marks outside of that should not be too hard.

Good luck!

Juan.