[scikit-image] Turning mailing list reply-to-list on by default

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 05:27:53 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Juan Nunez-Iglesias <jni.soma at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is general debate about whether mailing list messages should reply to
> the list or to the author by default. My view is that replies to list
> messages should go to the list, and replies only to the author are the
> exception. This would also be consistent behaviour with the lists of Numba,
> NumPy, SciPy, and scikit-learn.
>
> I intend to update the list settings in a couple of days unless I get some
> very strenuous opposition to this message.

For what it's worth, I completely agree.  I believe the
counter-argument is here:

http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful

but the argument seems pretty weak to me, it's main strength being the
use of the famous phrase 'considered harmful' [1]

Cheers,

Matthew

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Considered_harmful