Dropping support for 2.7 in 2020

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:42:23 EDT 2016

The proposed release schedule for mpl is being discussed at
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/matplotlib-devel/2016-May/000374.html

The key point is that 'dropping python2' only means 'for new releases', all
of the existing packaged code will continue to work.  How often do users
want to install cutting edge skimage on top of system python2?

Tom