Radius-scale matching in Determinant of Hessian (DoH) blob detector

Iakovos Halegoua jakethess at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 07:46:22 EST 2015

Hello there,

I'd like to point out to the documentation authors a minor error in the
blob_doh
<http://scikit-image.org/docs/dev/api/skimage.feature.html#blob-doh>
description. In the Notes section it is stated that: "The radius of each
blob is approximately sigma.".
As I tested the DoH responses of synthetic blob images, it seemed that the
radius of the blob is matched to the scale according to: r = sqrt(2) * s.
Could you provide me with some reference on how you calculated the matching
scale to be at r = s? I guess this is nothing serious, but it was a little
confusing when I first encountered it :P