[ANN] colorspacious 1.0.0 released

Nathaniel Smith njs at vorpus.org
Tue Nov 3 04:38:31 EST 2015

Hi all,

I just released version 1.0.0 of colorspacious, a library for
converting between colorspaces in Python, and thought that
scikit-image might be interested. This is the library that we used to
design viridis and several other new colormaps, and it includes common
well-known colorspaces (sRGB, LAB, XYZ, xyY) along with several more
sophisticated models for estimating perceptual correlates (CIECAM02),
estimating perceptual similarity (CAM02-UCS), and simulating
colorblindness, all wrapped up in a very easy-to-use interface.
(There's basically just one function.)

Notable features of this release include a fancy new tutorial and
reference manual:
  https://colorspacious.readthedocs.org/
and 100% test coverage.

Downloads: