image processing usecases and flowchart

Emmanuelle Gouillart emmanuelle.gouillart at nsup.org
Wed Aug 26 10:01:47 EDT 2015

	Hello list,

	I was thinking that it would be nice to have an image processing
flowchart, using similar ideas as the machine learning flowchart of
scikit-learn
http://scikit-learn.org/stable/tutorial/machine_learning_map/

	I'm not sure whether it's possible to do something that makes
sense, but a first step would be to know more typical usecases and
workflows that people encounter. I just wrote a short blogpost to encourage
people to leave a comment describing their workflow
http://emmanuelle.github.io/what-is-your-typical-image-processing-usecase.html
but it would be even more meaningful to discuss it on this mailing-list.
I think it would be important for scikit-image to have examples on more
diverse applications and to insist on the fact that the package can be
used for a large variety of applications.

	So, what is your typical application :-)?

	Cheers,
	Emma