regionprops Very slow on centroid identification

jeff witz witzjean at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:28:24 EST 2014

Hi,

Thank you all for your answers. finally I use OpenCV to perform the
real-time computation and still use skimage for the initialisation on my
real code.

I've joined a file that allows one to compare the computation we need to
make.

There is a basic numpy method, the OpenCV one and the Skimage regionprops
one. I don't find relevant to include a naive python implementation.

Please note that the values computed for visualization are for illustration
only and doesn't represent a real experiment.

I Hope it can help to benchmark the future improvement of regionprops.

Best regards