generic non-linear filtering that support selem and boundary handling

Chencan QIAN qianchencan at gmail.com
Mon May 26 20:52:59 EDT 2014

Thanks for your reply, Stéfan.

This is also what I was thinking. But I'm not sure whether it will still
provide some performance gain by eliminating the outmost python for-loop
through pixels. And if the filter is something as simple as np.std (or
other well vectorized function), will it work OK? Will just calling back to
python slow things down back?

Thanks again!

Regards
Chencan