adding ability to import and export PIL image objects from memory

Adam F adam at adamfeuer.com
Fri Jul 25 10:53:09 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm a first-time contributor to scikit-image. Me and my team ran into a
problem yesterday - we want to import and export PIL images into
scikit-image without reading or writing from disk. The current version of
pil_plugin.py doesn't have APIs for this.

I refactored the plugin a bit to add APIs for importing and exporting PIL
images directly. Here's the pull request:

https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/pull/1083

I'm not sure who to ask - but will someone review this pull request and let
me know if there are problems with it? Or if it could be improved?

cheers
adam
--
Adam Feuer