Requested Feature - Blob Detection

Vighnesh Birodkar vighneshbirodkar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 01:56:03 EST 2014

Hello

I am applying as a GSoC student for scikit-image this year. I was a GSoC
student for SimpleCV last year.

I wanted to get started by implementing Blob Detection (DOG and LOG
initially ). I was looking for some guidelines to start with. I would the
code inside 'features' in a .py  and/or .pyx  file .Is there any existing
piece of code lying around in scikit-image which I can use as a template ?

I think it would be a good idea to keep the return value of all blob
detection functions the same. They could return a class ( or a dict ) with
some attributes set ( some blob detection algorithms might calculate areas
as well ). Or I could just return (x,y) coordinates .

Please point out if I am mistaken anywhere.

Thanks
Vighnesh