Requetsted Feature - Blob Detection

Vighnesh Birodkar vighneshbirodkar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 01:41:26 EST 2014

Hello

I am applying as a GSoC student for scikit-image this year. Last year I was
a GSoC student for SimpleCV. To start contributing I wanted to implement
Blob Detection ( DOG and LOG initially ).

I wanted to have some guidelines as to where to put the code and how to
structure it.Is there any piece of code lying around in scikit-image which
I can use as a template for Blob Detection ?

I would put the new code inside a new .py file inside features. I think it
would be a good idea to keep the prototypes identical for all blob
detection algorithms. My first intuition is to return a class ( or a
dictionary ) with some attributes set. Some blob detection algorithms may
compute the area of the blobs as well while some might not. Or I can just
return the (x,y) coordinates.

Please point out if I am mistaken somewhere.

Thanks
Vighnesh