An Intro to scikit

Rishabh Raj rishabhr123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 15:12:52 EST 2014

Hi,
Am interested in pursuing a project with sci-kit with the Summer Of Code.

A brief bio about myself - I'm an undergraduate student @ IIIT, Hyderabad
(that's in India). An ex-GSoC'er (GSoC '13 with MoinMoin wiki) pursuing a
Bachelors in Technology, majoring in Computer Science and Engineering. I
completed a course on Digital Image Processing (last semester). I believe
at some point I used the library for assignment purposes :)
In general i'm proficient in C/C++/Python and have a keen interest in
systems. I have had experience developing a Linux based terminal in C with
minimal support for standard IPC operations as part of the Operating
Systems course.

I'm interested in pursuing the project on creating an Interactive Gallery,
developing such a web-app running a sandboxed Python, returning images
after processing in realtime, sounds pretty interesting.

One basic query I have is, is there a plan in mind for scaling? OR do we
want to allow running this on a local instance rather than on some online
server officially supported by scikit?

It would be great if we could discuss more about this and how should we
proceed further.

Is email on the list the best way for communication? What is the timezone
for most devs? Is there a preference order for selecting projects? Do we
know how many slots would we get?

Best,
Rishabh Raj
http://web.iiit.ac.in/~rishabh.raj/sharkden/