GSoC 2014: Congratulations!

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sat Aug 23 09:27:39 EDT 2014

Hi everyone

I'd like to congratulate Vighnesh and Rishabh who just successfully
completed the 2014 Google Summer of Code with scikit-image.  We have a
whole lot to show for it!  Thank you, guys, for all your hard work and
dedication.

For those of you who haven't been following, Vighnesh has been building
Region Adjacency Graph infrastructure and algorithms under the very
thorough mentorship of Juan.  Catering to my nitpicking was Rishabh, who
developed a remote, sandboxed execution framework that gives us an
interactive gallery (preview at [0]).

This was fun, and I look forward as much to our future collaboration!

Regards
Stéfan

[0] http://sharky93.github.io/docs/gallery/auto_examples/