Graph Cuts implementation

Andreas Mueller amueller at ais.uni-bonn.de
Sat Jun 29 11:00:28 EDT 2013

Hey Marc.
I just saw that you are working on graph cuts and segmentation for skimage.
That is pretty awesome. I'm super busy at the moment so I only sort of
follow skimage at the time
and I can't see melange.
Could you shortly give an idea of what the goals of your GSOC are?
Are you also planning to implement alpha-expansion? And what are the
thoughts about the patent issues?

Also, I seem to have completely missed the fact that skimage wants to do
gpu now.
Are there any pointers on how this is planned / what is already implemented?

I implemented some of the segmentation algorithms in skimage and I'd
really like to
know what is happening and if I could help in any way.
I also did some energy minimization stuff, but was a bit bummed out by
the patent issues.

Btw, the slic implementation is not identical with the reference
implementation.
If you want to work on segmentation, I think this should really be
investigated ....

Cheers,
Andy