How to get full size image which is transformed by warp function

Yongda Chen yongda.chen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 14:01:38 EDT 2013

I am trying to do geometric transformation with warp in scikit-image, but I
cannot get the full size transformed image which has different image size
to original image. Even after setting up output_shape parameter, it still
lost part of image which is transformed to negative coordinates.
My question is how to get full size transformed image when doing affine
transform, projective transform with warp function?
Following is the example code I am working on

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import skimage.transform import *
import skimage import data
import numpy as np

checkboard = data.checkboard()
tform = AffineTransform(rotation = np.pi/6)
checkborad_transformed = warp(checkboard, tform, output_shape=(400,400))
fig = plt.figure()
plt.imshow(checkboard_transformed, cmap = plt.cm.gray)

Thanks