Morphological techniques

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon Apr 15 14:09:54 EDT 2013

Hi Chintak

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Chintak Sheth <chintaksheth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am really excited about being a part of this community and have been
> pretty fascinated by morphological techniques in particular. I would really
> want to contribute something in this direction. Can someone please point me
> to possible bugs or algorithms in this field that need implementations ?

Welcome!  There are several places to start, e.g. we need a
convex_hull_objects function, as well as adapting rank filters to
handle int16 correctly (not as 12-bit integers).

Otherwise, I'd also keep an eye on IEEE Transactions on Image
Processing, and what other leading image processing packages
implement.

There are some pretty interesting segmentation and feature detection
applications of morphology too.  The sky's the limit :)

Cheers
Stéfan

P.S. There are plenty of bugs to fix too:
https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image