Test error with tifffile plugin

Tony Yu tsyu80 at gmail.com
Tue May 29 20:51:00 EDT 2012

I'm getting an error for one of the tifffile plugin tests. Basically,
the teardown
function<https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/blob/master/skimage/io/tests/test_tifffile.py#L19>of
the test is trying to reset all the io functions to their defaults.
But,
it turns out that the default for 'imread_collection' is empty on my
system. I'm not sure if 'imread_collection' should be empty (the fits
plugin seems to be the only one that explicitly states that it reads
collections and I don't have pyfits installed), but the teardown function
should be able to handle that case. I've fixed the test error in PR
195<https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits-image/pull/195>
.

Are there any other plugins that should explicitly state that they provide
'imread_collection'? I can run `skimage.io.ImageCollection` but not
`skimage.io.imread_collection` so presumably some other plugin(s) can read
image collections.

-Tony