Release progress

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon Sep 26 13:37:56 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We're making good progress on the release.  Here's a summary of what
still needs to happen:

- Pull-request review:

https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/28 [Histogram of
Gradients + draw]
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/27 [Radon + fast_homography]

- Merge:

https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/19 [CellProfiler
morphology] [will also require minor moving around of files]
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/14 [New backend system]
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/12 [Probabilistic hough]
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/12 [Video IO]

- PRs that can possibly still make this release, with little effort:

https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/7 [Colour channels
are currently returned in the wrong order]
https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/13 [Needs some
minor cleanup; remove default cv dependency]

- PRs that will have to wait until the next release:

https://github.com/scikits-image/scikits.image/pull/16 [Fast
convolution; boundary modes need to be added]

I'd like for 0.3 to also have Debian packaging.  I was originally
planning to do our own Windows binary releases, but I don't think I'll
have time to setup the appropriate environment in time.

>From now until release, we'll stop considering PRs other than minor
updates or documentation.

Regards
Stéfan