Greyscale reconstruction and merging CellProfiler code

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Thu Jul 7 20:01:17 EDT 2011

Hi Tony

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Tony Yu <tsyu80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The addition was added over a series of commits with only minor changes to
> the original CellProfiler code (except for one large, unused chunk of code
> that I deleted). That brings me to my question: what are the suggested
> changes when merging CellProfiler code? Is it as simple as putting the
> chunks of code in the right place (i.e. putting the code in the correct
> module(s) and adding the tests)? There's a number of things that could be
> added/changed, but I'm uncertain about how much *needs* to be done in order
> to be "acceptable" for addition into the scikit.

There are some differences in our documentation and styles.  For
example, I like for the contributors.txt file to be updated, and for
the docs to be in the numpy docs format and highly descriptive.  In
this example, I cannot figure out what the function is meant to do, so
based on that I would be hesitant to commit.  Maybe add a longer
description, as well as a few references.  Also, an update to the docs
would be welcome, illustrating its use (this could also be done under
Examples in the docstring).

Cheers
Stéfan