Feature requests for 0.5

Neil Yager yager.neil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:37:22 EST 2011

> * Automatic threshold algorithms. I started to integrate some code from
> CellProfiler, but I got bogged down with some of the details. I can give it
> another go, unless someone else wants to do it.

I agree that thresholding should be a priority, as it is widely used.
I also started to look at the CellProfiler. It has a lot of
functionality, but even a subset of this would be a good start.
Unfortunately I don't think I'll have much time for this in the next
few weeks.

Another useful method would be histogram equalization. Here's a nice
implementation:

http://www.janeriksolem.net/2009/06/histogram-equalization-with-python-and.html

but we'd have to contact the author about using it.

Neil